Applications are open to any company, but the core management and technology team must relocate to London at least for the duration of the programme.
We welcome applications from all different types of startups – the below are just a few ideas. If you have a great innovation related to financial services or insurance, we want to hear from you!
- Alternative Finance
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big-data analytics and predictive modelling
- Blockchain / Distribution Ledger
- Digital Customer Experience
- Digital Workforce
- Financial Inclusion
- Financial Management Tools
- Infrastructure and operational technologies (hosting, databases, storage, networking, IT management)
- Lending Platforms
- Social media and collaboration tools
Are you eligible to participate?
The FinTech Innovation Lab is open to all companies, regardless of size, provided you can tick the following boxes:
- You’re not already an established or well-known technology business in financial services
- You have a minimum beta product to demonstrate and are prepared to share access to programme partners under NDA (and where reasonable, for no additional cost)
- Your senior team can commit to being based in London throughout the 12-week programme
- You can show that access to senior-level executives in the financial services firms will have a meaningful impact on your growth prospects
- You can arrange work permits or visas if your employees are based outside the UK.
An opportunity for learning – not just sales
Remember, the FinTech Innovation Lab is about mentoring and collaboration, rather than purely sales. While new business may be one positive outcome for your business, it should not be your primary objective. To get the most from the experience, you should come with an open mind, willing to learn and collaborate with the world’s leading banks.
As well as start-ups and entrepreneurs, we welcome applications from established businesses in other industries looking to branch out and financial services professionals who want to commercialise their IP. If you’re not sure you are eligible, please email us and we’ll let you know.